SolydX doesnt detect modem speed

New to SolydXK? This is the place to start.
Please check the other subforums to see if there's a more suitable place for your question.
rburkartjo

Postby rburkartjo » 24 Apr 2014 22:06

i have done speed test while in solydxx and ubuntu and have noticed that solydxx only picks up my wifi speed. is that normal
hard wired i have 50mps while wifi only about 25-30 is that normal and if not anyway to correct. tks
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

rburkartjo

Postby rburkartjo » 24 Apr 2014 22:10

my bad, title should read solydxx doesnt dectect modem speed. edit button doesnt allow me to change title.
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

zerozero

Re: SolydX doesnt detect modem speed

Postby zerozero » 25 Apr 2014 00:11

[corrected the subject, unfortunately i can't help you with the other issue]
bliss of ignorance

kobros

Postby kobros » 25 Apr 2014 08:54

rburkartjo wrote:i have done speed test while in solydxx and ubuntu and have noticed that solydxx only picks up my wifi speed. is that normal
hard wired i have 50mps while wifi only about 25-30 is that normal and if not anyway to correct. tks
The networkmanager used doesn't allow to have both wireless and wired working at the same time (they will use different IP's). So, it will monitor only the currently active connection: wired or wireless
Getting wireless to perform at about 50% of the wired capabilities is not uncommon, but it really depends on which adapter is used and its capabilities.
Linux User #312596.
Mepis/Debian/antiX/MX/Win7

rburkartjo

Postby rburkartjo » 25 Apr 2014 19:50

okay how would i set soloydxx to connect to wired connection by default. problem might be just with solydxx i noticed that if i boot up my peppermint linux stick it recognizes the wired connection by default.

Return to “Newbie Questions”