Congratulations! (Settings Manager window size)

Questions specific to SolydX Business Edition
GNUday

Congratulations! (Settings Manager window size)

Postby GNUday » 06 Jun 2014 11:56

I believe you are the FIRST distro that has enabled remembering the window size of the Xfce Settings Manager window, you have no idea how annoying the tiny default window is, and having to resize it. When the window is small and you enter a dialouge with settings sliders for example, the variables are micro, expand the window and you have more 'range' with those sliders. Who do I hug for this, lol. ;) :shock: :lol:

Edit: gedit installed and working flawlessly during a live session (if it works live it will work installed), why am I mentioning this? Because in Debian stable Xfce, I am having problems with it, the irony, go figure.
Edit 2:(gedit) Although gedit works fine with the default oxygen themes, when you start playing with different themes/icons (Shiki-brave/Gnome-brave/Symphony) including logging in and out, it does the same thing as in Debian stable, it takes a second double-click to open a typical text file, weird dat. *scratching head* :?
Edit 3:Interesting development, I booted live in to SolydX BE 64 again and used a combo of greybird/gnome-brave/deja-va sans 10 book - 96DPI - no RGB and Symphony as the Window Manager style, gedit opened on the first double-click, it would appear the problem lies with the Shiki appearance style theme. I am going to confirm this in my Debian Xfce stable install.

Edit 4: Thank you for including Iceweasel and Icedove in your repos, I've been migrating back and forth from Debian so much I got used to them and actually prefer them now.
AMD FX-8350, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0), 2 Intel 520 Series 120GB SSDs, 2 Seagate storage HDDs, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3, Asus Radeon R7 250, Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition case, 750W Tt Toughpower Gold PSU...running no systemd PCLinuxOS

GNUday

Re: Congratulations! (Settings Manager window size)

Postby GNUday » 08 Jun 2014 06:20

The weirdest thing, re: gedit...when I log in to my root account, regardless of theme(s), gedit will open a text file on the first double click, so it may not be the choice of theme after all, I was thinking maybe it's a gtk2/gtk3 compatibility issue...the plot thickens, lol. :?
AMD FX-8350, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0), 2 Intel 520 Series 120GB SSDs, 2 Seagate storage HDDs, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3, Asus Radeon R7 250, Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition case, 750W Tt Toughpower Gold PSU...running no systemd PCLinuxOS

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 09 Jun 2014 16:36

I haven't done anything special that I can remember, but I'm glad you like it.
Let me know if configuration needs to be changed.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

GNUday

Postby GNUday » 10 Jun 2014 00:25

Schoelje wrote:I haven't done anything special that I can remember, but I'm glad you like it.
Let me know if configuration needs to be changed.
I have tried a lot of distros with the Xfce DE, and all of them do the same thing, when you are finished in whatever settings sub dialouge or close the Settings Manager window only to open it later, it goes to the default tiny size, your distro does NOT, that is a good thing! Please do not change it. :oops: :D

Return to “SolydX Business Edition”