[SOLVED] Lost monitor power management

Questions specific to SolydX Business Edition
GNUday

[SOLVED] Lost monitor power management

Postby GNUday » 09 Jun 2014 12:10

Before the 'layering' of SolydX BE on top of Debian stable, I had it set up so the screensaver would kick in after 15 minutes of inactivity, the screen would lock after 1 minute, then after 30 minutes the Xfce power management (not the xscreensaver pm) would shut the monitor 'off', the screensaver and lock still work but the monitor won't shut off now. My question is, if it's a simple matter of re-installing a few files, what are they? Or did a config file get trashed/changed in the switch-over process?
AMD FX-8350, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0), 2 Intel 520 Series 120GB SSDs, 2 Seagate storage HDDs, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3, Asus Radeon R7 250, Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition case, 750W Tt Toughpower Gold PSU...running no systemd PCLinuxOS

GNUday

Re: Lost monitor power management

Postby GNUday » 10 Jun 2014 13:32

The strangest thing, when I boot my computer and walk away, the monitor is 'off' (in stanby) at the ligthdm login greeter screen when I come back, a shake of the mouse wakes up the monitor and I log in, so the monitor power management is working, just not in my normal user account. This may have something to do with me playing with the screensaver and power management in my root account. The dumb $#1+ I do, I swear, I just can't leave things alone, lol, if it aint broke, I gotta break it, lol. :oops: :? :shock:

(Edit: I know "aint" is not a real word, it's for the 'stupid factor' effect, lol ;) )
AMD FX-8350, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 4.0), 2 Intel 520 Series 120GB SSDs, 2 Seagate storage HDDs, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3, Asus Radeon R7 250, Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition case, 750W Tt Toughpower Gold PSU...running no systemd PCLinuxOS

GNUday

Re: [SOLVED] Lost monitor power management

Postby GNUday » 10 Jun 2014 15:36

I turned off the Xfce monitor power management (Power Manager) in root and my user account, then enabled the xscreensaver monitor power management (set all 3 times to the same value), left 'Quick power off in blank mode' unchecked, it works...whatever works. :D

Edit: More details of about Xfce monitor power management off:
In Xfce Power Manager, I unchecked 'Monitor power management control' and set both sliders in On AC/Monitor to Never and Never in both root and my user account.

Edit 2: Special note, if moving the mouse does not invoke the unlock dialogue, press the spacebar. :geek:

GNUday

Re: [SOLVED] Lost monitor power management

Postby GNUday » 12 Jun 2014 08:11

Another note, this may have something to do with the Transmission window having the focus while running, it would seem Transmission is able to inhibit power management and the monitor is grouped in, but when I switched to a different workspace and gave that workspace the focus, the screensaver would kick in and monitor would shut off normally. I haven't fully confirmed this but I have noticed the tendency.

Edited for a minor grammatical error.

Return to “SolydX Business Edition”