[Proposal] KDE plasmoids: RedShift & FastUserSwitch

Grof

[Proposal] KDE plasmoids: RedShift & FastUserSwitch

Postby Grof » 14 May 2014 06:23

Hello,

I have proposal for two small packages of KDE's plasmoid:

1st) plasma-widget-fastuserswitch - 0.3.3
Nice widget for users with multiple logins at same PC and provide quick switching between them.
Original author was abandon developing of this widget, so it's patched and now works correctly with paswordless logins.

2nd) plasma-widget-redshift - 0.6.2
KDE widget for controllingRed Shift application. Anyone who works at night on PC know usability of this program.
It simply shifting monitor's colors to red (lowered color temperature).

My source and binary DEB packages of these programs you can find at my Ubunt's PPA - here. (They work nice on Solyd even they packaged for Ubuntu's repos)

It will be nice to see them on Community repo, so tell me what I must do for doing this?

zerozero

Re: [Proposal] KDE plasmoids: RedShift & FastUserSwitch

Postby zerozero » 14 May 2014 10:38

Hi Grof
Thanks for proposing these 2 packages to the community repository.

i would like, however, to say a couple things:

1- fastuserswitch has a version in the repos already, so hardly qualifies it to be included;
i see that you mention some patching done to the original package; wouldn't it be more interesting to propose those patches to the debian maintainer so that the "official" package could benefit from that?

2- the redshift plasmoid is a different story and would be an interesting addition but the package needs to be build in SolydXK.
bliss of ignorance

Grof

Re: [Proposal] KDE plasmoids: RedShift & FastUserSwitch

Postby Grof » 15 May 2014 09:06

Ok, I will contact Debian maintainer of this package and tell him about new and patched versions.

You told that redshift widget must be build in SolydXK. So, who can build them and put in repository?

Do you want include them into main repo of Solyd? Can (must) I do something before that?

Return to “Community Packages Proposals”