[(Disregard) Proposal] Glade 3.16

Deleted User 2764

[(Disregard) Proposal] Glade 3.16

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 18 May 2014 07:56

I propose that we have glade 3.16 in the community repo since the 3.14 version already in the repo is buggy (and I hear that 3.18 has the same problem). I have information on compiling glade 3.16 discussed here: http://forums.solydxk.nl/viewtopic.php? ... 834#p35834 (that is actually my post asking for those who can compile and test it). I've compiled a 64-bit version in a Virtual Machine and installed it in a fresh VM and it worked fine.

If one wants, I could create a 32-bit version as well. Thing is, I don't know how to submit these packages. I also put the original author's name for the .deb files as it is their work.

zerozero

Re: [Proposal] Glade 3.16

Postby zerozero » 18 May 2014 11:25

it's appreciated the interest shown in fixing this issue :) but the community repo is not the right place to do it.

1. glade is in debian testing and in our repos;
yes, the version on the repo is known to be buggy but testing has atm 3.18 that should solve most of those problems

2. the community repo is not to be used as a bug-fixing vehicle but a (somehow) easy way to offer packages that you don't see in debian;
bliss of ignorance

Deleted User 2764

Re: [Proposal] Glade 3.16

Postby Deleted User 2764 » 18 May 2014 17:01

Thanks for the info. I never did really understand how repos work other than they have programs I need. :)

If you want, please delete this thread, since it appears to be a moot point.

My apologies. :oops:

Return to “Community Packages Proposals”