[SolydX] Xfce-taskmanager

Here is the place were the team and the community projects meet together. Help us to develop SolydXK projects or contribute your ideas for future releases.
ane champenois

[SolydX] Xfce-taskmanager

Postby ane champenois » 21 Jun 2013 09:02

Hi all!
I wonder why on SolydX LXtask is installed by default instead of xfce-taskmanager :?:
Perhaps there's a good reason...
Both are in the repositories and XfceTM seems more powerful and nice (you can see it here:http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applic ... askmanager)
Your opinion?
Ane
They did not know it was impossible so they did it.

cwwgateway

Re: [SolydX] Xfce-taskmanager

Postby cwwgateway » 22 Jun 2013 15:53

This decision dates back to the unofficial LMDE Xfce days. Personally I prefer lxtask because it gives memory in numbers (I'm using 870 MB of RAM right now) instead of percentages. I find the interface and output cleaner and easier to understand. Also, with both of them running at the same time, it seems like xfce4-taskmanager uses slightly more RAM (a consistent 1.3 MB here). Nothing significant, but I think it's worth pointing out.
Dell XPS 15:
SolydX Debian Testing
SolydK Testing
SolydX Testing
Debian Sid Xfce
Debian Wheezy KDE
Arch Gnome Shell

Gateway:
SolydX Sid
Debian Sid OpenBox
Arch Linux OpenBox
CrunchBang Testing

JWJones

Re: [SolydX] Xfce-taskmanager

Postby JWJones » 26 Jun 2013 15:42

cwwgateway wrote:Personally I prefer lxtask because it gives memory in numbers (I'm using 870 MB of RAM right now) instead of percentages. I find the interface and output cleaner and easier to understand.
Yup, this is exactly why I prefer lxtask or htop over xfce-taskmanager. I always get rid of xfce-taskmanager if it's installed in a distro and replace it with htop.
Slackware • OpenBSD

Return to “Suggestions & ideas / Open Projects”